Terms and Conditions
Your appliance has the benefit of our manufacturer’s guarantee, which covers the cost of breakdown repairs for twelve months from the date of purchase.
This gives you the reassurance that if, within that time, your appliance is proven to be defective because of either workmanship or materials, we will, at our discretion, either repair or replace the appliance at no cost to you.
This guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- The appliance has been installed and operated correctly and in accordance with our operating and maintenance instructions.
- The appliance is used only on the electricity or gas supply printed on the rating plate.
- The appliance has been used for normal domestic purposes only.
- The appliance has not been altered, serviced, maintained, dismantled, or otherwise interfered with by any person not authorised by us.
- Any repair work must be undertaken by us or our appointed agent.
- Any parts removed during repair work or any appliance that is replaced become our property.
- The appliance is used in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
The guarantee does not cover:
- Damage resulting from transportation, improper use, neglect or interference or as a result of improper installation.
- Replacement of any consumable item or accessory. These included but not limited to: plugs, cables, batteries, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and starters, covers and filters.
- Replacement of any removable parts made of glass or plastic.
Non-Domestic Usage Policy
Indesit Company manufactures appliances for domestic use only. We understand that in some cases our appliances are used in commercial and/or non domestic situations. We still provide a full 12 months manufacturers’ guarantee, provided the appliance has not been:
- Damage that occurs suddenly as a result of an unexpected and non-deliberate external action.
- The deliberate and intentional damage to the product
Subjected to misuse
- Incorrect or careless or improper use
Subjected to overuse
- Excessive usage versus that expected of a domestically situated appliance
10 Year parts guarantee
Hotpoint also offers you a free 10 year parts guarantee. This additional guarantee is conditional on you registering your appliance with us and the parts being fitted by one of our authorised engineers. There will be a charge for our engineer’s time. To activate the extra parts warranty on your appliance, simply call our free phone registration line on 0800 519 2110
Out of Warranty Repairs
If you appliance is outside the manufacturer’s guarantee period and is not covered by an extended warranty there will be a charge for any agreed repairs. If you registered your appliance, or still have the original purchase receipt, you will be charged a fixed price, including parts, if the appliance is up to 10 years old. If you have not registered the appliance (or if it is over 10 years old) a separate charge will be made for parts. You will be advised of the parts charges by the engineer before work is commenced.
If your appliance cannot be repaired, or you choose not to proceed with the repair at the time of the engineers visit, you will also be refunded the difference between the repair charge and our call out charge – see table below.
We aim to complete your repair on the first visit, provided the parts required are immediately available. In some cases we may need to order parts to complete your repair. Once the repair is completed, the whole appliance is guaranteed for 90 days. In the unlikely event that we deem your appliance beyond economical repair, you will be offered a new appliance at a reduced price.
Please ensure a responsible adult is present when our engineer calls, otherwise, we will not carry out the repair. In this situation an additional ‘call out’ charge of £54.98 will apply if we need to revisit the premises.
Your cancellation rights (Repair Services)
As a consumer, you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right within the cancellation period. The cancellation period starts from when we entered into a contract with you and will end 14 days after (“Cancellation Period”). You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0344 8224224.
Effects of cancellation (Repair Services)
If you cancel this contract within the Cancellation Period we will reimburse you any payment made, subject to certain possible deductions or restrictions set out below:
- If you have expressly requested a repair to be completed during the Cancellation Period and you acknowledged that you would lose the right to cancel the contract once the repair has been performed, then you will no longer have the right to cancel. The information set out below does not apply to this contract.
- If you cancel this contract before the repair has been fully completed (and during the Cancellation Period) you will be required to pay reasonable costs for the work that we have done up to the point when you inform us of your decision to cancel. These charges are outlined below.
We will make any reimbursement without undue delay using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction.
|Repair charges and refunds|
|Appliance Repair||Repair charge||Repair charge (if cancelled prior to full completion)||Refund Due (on request) if repair is prepaid|
|Products up to 5 years old||€125.00||€54.00||€71.00|
|Products over 5 up to 10 years old||€155.00||€54.00||€101.00|
|Products 10 years old +||€190.00||€54.00||€136.00|
Your cancellation rights (Spare Parts & Accessories)
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights. If you have any concerns that we have not met our legal obligations please contact us. You are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right within the cancellation period. The cancellation period starts from when we entered into a contract with you and will end 14 days after (“Cancellation Period”) you receive the goods. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. You can cancel by email: email@example.com or call 0818 313 413.
Effects of cancellation (Spare Parts & Accessories)
If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them. We will reimburse you any payment made to us, subject to certain possible deductions or restrictions set out below:
- You will need to notify us of your intention to return the goods and we will issue you with a Returns Notification Number. Please make sure you quote this number on any correspondence accompanying the return.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods within 14 days of informing us of your decision to cancel.
- We may make a deduction for the reimbursement for any loss in value of the goods caused by any handling by you.
- Returns cannot be processed unless they are accompanied by a Returns Notification Number.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day that we received the goods that we supplied back from you, or (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.